08 Jul Summer Travels | Nashville Dance Finals
The first week of our vacation is a bit of a blur! We spent 6 full days in Nashville for our kids’ national dance finals competition. Our time there flew by, and yet, at the same time, it seems as though it was a full month ago. That “time flies when you’re having fun” thing? It’s totally true.
The competition was held at the Gaylord Opryland Resort. We opted to take advantage of the group rates and stay right there in the hotel. Not only was it convenient, but the hotel is a garden paradise! My parents were traveling with us, and we always like to combine a bit of our summer vacation with the competition. Was it the biggest hotel we’d ever visited? Other than Vegas, yes! Was the food there really expensive? Absolutely, but it was so good! Did our feet hurt at the end of every day with all the walking we were doing? Totally, be we enjoyed every minute!
I’ll be the first to say that I didn’t take as many photos during this year’s vacation as I probably should have. Sometimes wielding my camera feels more like a job than a pleasure, and I wanted to really enjoy our down time this year. This is especially true in Nashville. I don’t have all that many photos, but I have some great memories, and I’m okay with that.
I did manage lots of iPhone photos! It’s small and fits in my pocket, and I always have it with me. That alone makes it my go-to camera of choice when I don’t feel like lugging around my Canon. If you follow me on Instagram, you may have already seen some of these, but several others never got posted. I put together a collage of some of my favorites:
A few things the photos may not say out loud:
- We love flip flops and bromeliads (okay, it probably DOES say that one out loud)
- A Dublin Mule is quite different from a Moscow Mule
- Alex is the best bobby-pin-taker-outer
- There’s something super special about a father walzing with his daughter at midnight
- Jessie is always willing to pose for photos. Always.
- My heart melts every time Alex and Jessie dance together.
- The. Best. Grilled. Cheese. Ever. Must learn how to make tomato jam.
- Jessie looks like a mermaid when she brushes her hair.
- Our dancers worked so hard and won first place overall, as well as receiving the coveted Studio of Excellence Award. We are so proud!
It was such a memorable week (one day I will have to tell the story of Jane, Peter, and Charlotte. That’s a very long post. Ask me about it)! We left Nashville with full hearts, but eager for our next adventure. We traveled straight to Savannah for another whole week of fun and memories! Lots of photos from that portion of our vacation is coming soon. Stay tuned! Cheers!