16 Jul happy birthday morgan!
Today, you leave childhood behind. Today, you are no longer a kid in her teens, but a young woman entering her twenties. Being your mother, I am allowed the rare privilege of having known you longer than any other person has known you. Not only does that make me feel extremely old (twenty??? seriously???), but it gives me the right to be introspective for a moment while I recall the past twenty years that I have spent with you.
- I love that you know what you like. And you embrace it, give it a big hug, and make it part of you.
- I love that you’re not scared to be unique. In fact, you often strive for it.
- I love that you’re girly and tomboy all rolled up in one. And you’re not scared to be either, or both, at the same time.
- I love that you fight for what you think is right. Even when you’re wrong.
- I love that you are always on the side of the underdog.
- I love that you know how important it is to depend on the people you love.
- I love how important your friendships are to you.
- I love how you love spending time with your family.
- I love how you love to reminisce on past memories and photos.
- I love that you’re still not afraid to be a kid.
I love you.
Here’s to another year. And being older while still being a kid. And funny, Morgan-perfect props at Universal Studios. Cheers!