28 Jun clean eating recipe: asian turkey lettuce wraps.
Yesterday, I posted a photo of my (yummilicious!) turkey lettuce wraps, and I’ve had a few requests for the recipe. Since I couldn’t make the whole recipe fit on Instagram (I’m amy_hutchinson. Follow me!), I thought I would post it here. I was so pleased with how these came out – and they’re healthy and clean. Even Alex ate them up. On lettuce. Yeah. That good.
Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps:
- 1 lb. 99% lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce (I used reduced sodium)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine or dry sherry
- 1⁄2 tsp sugar (I used Splenda)
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- iceberg lettuce leaves, rinsed (careful not to break)
- 2 tbsp diced scallions
I also made a cilantro sauce (I LOVE cilantro!) that I used very sparingly (maybe just a teaspoonful) on the top by mixing together these ingredients:
- 2 big handfuls fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
I served these with some quinoa (I added fresh chopped cilantro, parsley, and lime juice). I’m having the leftovers for lunch!