26 Apr april instagram mosaic
It’s Spring, and I love this time of year in my garden. All last year’s deadness (yes, I just made that word up) is finally gone, replaced by colorful flowers that are starting off the season right. Especially roses. I love roses. Not the old fashioned, cultivated, long-stemmed, tea roses. Wild, prolific roses that have clusters of flowers and ramble over arbors or fences and bloom all year long. The kind that don’t require me to baby them. Only appreciate them. That I can do.
Some other things I have done this month:
- Learning how to be a dance mom. Two competitions this month!
- Watched baby cardinals hatch, grow, and leave the nest.
- Spent lots of time downtown for numerous photo shoots.
- Dyed eggs for Easter.
- Shot my first Catholic wedding.
- Had lunch with one photographer, and dinner with another.
- Watched my garden grow.
- Discussed dichotomous veining patterns in ginkgo leaves with my dad. I get my nerdiness from him.
- Suffered through a Temptations tribute band with a good friend on a girl’s night out.
Here’s to roses. And Spring. And new growth. Cheers!